Child Vaccination Protection
Protect your child from any potential serious vaccine side effects for as little as HK$ 118 per annum
Wide coverage of severe side effects
Protection against severe side effects resulting in hospitalisation or life threatening after vaccination
Comprehensive child vaccines covered
Covers any qualified vaccines provided by Hong Kong hospitals and/or registered clinics
Free choice of hospital ward
Hospitalisation benefit with no restriction to the choosing public and/or private hospitals, as well ward class
Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine
Vaccine for aged 2-5 years : 3 doses, 7 days – 6 weeks apart, 1 booster dose every 6 months
Diphtheria, Tetanus, acellular Pertussis & Inactivated Poliovirus vaccine
Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
Yearly vaccination starting from 6 months of age
Japanese encephalitis vaccine
Meningococcal ACWY vaccine
Meningococcal B vaccine
Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) vaccine
Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella (MMRV) vaccine
13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
Rotavirus (oral) vaccine*:
2 to 3 doses, third dose will be vaccinated at 6 months old
Hospitalisation Benefit (Reimbursement)
Maximum HK$ 1,000 per day, up to 10 days per policy year
- The Insured Person must be age 6 or below;
- The Insured Person must hold a valid Certificate of Birth in Hong Kong;
- The Policy Holder must hold a valid Hong Kong ID card and must be the parent or the legal guardian of the Insured Person;
- The onset of adverse event must be within 7 days after attending the vaccination (vaccines offered by Hong Kong Childhood Immunisation Programme or children vaccines offered by Registered Medical Practitioners) in Hong Kong in any public hospital, private hospital or Registered Medical Practitioner clinic;
- A claim will be rejected if the Policy Holder conceals or fails to disclose personal information or known facts (e.g. the insured person had severe acute diseases) or fails to provide the documents that are relevant to the insurance required;
- Premium rate quoted has included the Premium Levy as required by the Insurance Authority. For more details, click here;
- The above information is for reference only. Please read the Policy Wordings for details.
- Q1. Who is covered in the Vaccination Protection Plan?keyboard_arrow_downYour child or children (the Insured Person) must be age 6 or below and also hold a valid Certificate of Birth in Hong Kong.
- Q2. Can anyone buy the Vaccination Protection Plan?keyboard_arrow_downYou (the Policy Holder) must hold a valid Hong Kong ID card and must be the parent or the legal guardian of the Insured Person.
- Q3. Why do I need the Child Vaccination Protection?keyboard_arrow_downAfter your child receives his or her vaccination, there are possible side effects that they may encounter. Although most of the reactions are mild, some children can develop severe allergic reactions which may lead to hospitalisation. We cover most of severe side effects that arise from vaccinations.
- Q4. What coverage does the Child Vaccination Protection provide?keyboard_arrow_downWe cover severe side effects that can arise from vaccinations including: BCG vaccine, hepatitis B vaccine, DTaP-IPV vaccine, pneumococcal vaccine, MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccine, varicella vaccine, MMRV (Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella) vaccine, hepatitis A vaccine, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine, seasonal influenza vaccine, Japanese encephalitis vaccine, meningococcal vaccine, pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine, rotavirus (oral) vaccine, cholera vaccine.
- Q5. What is the maximum benefit that I can receive?keyboard_arrow_downThis plan provides the maximum benefits for: death benefit of HK$ 50,000; daily hospitalisation expenses of up to HK$ 1,000 (on a reimbursement basis of the actual amounts), up to 10 days per policy year.
Join our subscribers list to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.