Is my Octopus covered?
We’ll cover your Octopus if it’s a Personalised Octopus or an Octopus that’s linked to the Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS) that’s able to use the Lost Octopus Reporting Service
- Personalised On-Loan or Sold Octopus
- On-Load or Sold Octopus linked to AAVS
- Personalised Octopus on Apple Pay / Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay
- Octopus on Apple Pay / Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay with AAVS
- You must be the AAVS account holder and the Octopus holder
Reporting card loss may incur other charges, please refer to Octopus Cards Limited website for more details and the related fee will not be covered.
|Benefit Item||Annual Benefit Amount (HKD)|
eWallet Protection – Annual Benefit Amount
We will reimburse you the actual and irrecoverable monetary loss to your eWallet(s) and/or credit card(s) due to unauthorized transactions from identity theft up to 15 days prior to you first reporting of such loss to the licensed eWallet operators by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”)
Octopus Extension - Sub-limit*
We will extend to reimburse the actual and irrecoverable monetary loss resulting from the unauthorized use of your insured octopus within the first 3 hours you have reported loss to Octopus Cards Limited. You can claim once during the period of insurance
- We cover your verified e-wallets issued by payment service providers under the licensing regime of HKMA.
- Insured Octopus includes Personalized Octopus and/or Octopus linked to Automatic Add Value Service (“AAVS”) and you must be the AAVS account holder and the Octopus holder.
- Supplementary card is not covered.
- We will reimburse you the related financial loss up to annual benefit amount within the insurance period.