Avo’s eWallet covers
WeChat Pay HK, AlipayHK, PayMe, O! ePay, Tap & Go and more
of HK$ 10,000
of HK$ 30,000
Everyday risks that lead to eWallet theft:
If you lose your phone you are potentially at risk to identify theft and fraudulent purchase
Your email gets hacked and that can lead to theft on your account
Takeover fraud of your phone number to a fraudster SIM can put your eWallet account at risk
Key eWallet features protect you from:
Unauthorised credit card spending
We cover unauthorized credit card spending in Hong Kong and overseas
Money lost in your eWallet
We cover the money stolen in your eWallet
We cover all eWallet accounts on multiple digital devices phone and tablet
- We will reimburse you the full amount of your related financial loss, up to 20% of your insured annual coverage, in each single event until the annual limit is reached. This 20% is known as the "Per Event Limit", please refer to the Policy Wordings for details.
- You can’t change the amount of coverage during the insurance period.
- Supplementary card are not covered.
- Q1. What's covered in the eWallet Protection?keyboard_arrow_downWe’ll cover any unauthorized transactions and lost money in your eWallet, along with any unauthorized credit card spending.
- Q2. What is eWallet?keyboard_arrow_downMost people think of eWallet as a digital wallet that can be used for electronic payments. eWallet under the Hong Kong Monetary Authority definition is a “non-device network-based accounts operating by licensed Multi-purpose Store Value Facility Licensees with which you can store value for making payments for online purchases or for p2p fund transfers.” Learn more here.
- Q3. Are all eWallets covered?keyboard_arrow_downWe’ll cover verified eWallet accounts that are registered with your personal information (e.g. name, birth date, ID card). We do not cover basic accounts, meaning those that are only registered with mobile numbers and email addresses as well as device-based SVF (e.g. the valued is stored in an electronic chip on a card or physical device such as watches and ornaments). We will only cover eWallets that are operated by licensees under HKMA as well.
Join our subscribers list to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.