Avo VHIS (Standard) Plan
Avo VHIS: It covers for newborn to 100 years old!
"Oh no, not again! I’ve got tonsillitis again? It's the 5th time this year!"
One morning, after eating spicy Sichuan food the night before, he has heartburn refluxes and a more painful stomach ache than normal. Something wasn’t right! Mr Lemon sees the family doctor, and gets referred for a gastroscopy.
He now has fewer and less painful stomach aches.
Food and Health Bureau certified medical insurance
- Premiums paid are eligible for tax deduction
- No "lifetime benefit limit"
- Coverage of inpatient and day case procedures, including endoscopy
- Coverage of prescribed diagnostic imaging tests, such as CT scan and MRI scan, etc.
- Coverage of prescribed non-surgical cancer treatments, such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapy, etc.
- Coverage of psychiatric inpatient treatments
- Enhance the protection level of hospital insurance products
- Provide the public with an additional choice of using private healthcare services through hospital insurance
- Relieve the pressure on the public healthcare system in the long run
- The Policy Holder must hold a valid Hong Kong ID card and aged 18 or over.
- The Insured Person must be a Hong Kong resident and aged between 15 days and 80 years.
- VHIS guarantees the policy can be renewed up to the age of 100 regardless of the change in health condition of the Insured Person, subject to the renewal provisions.
- Application for VHIS Certified Plan is subject to underwriting, applicants shall have the obligation to disclose personal information and material facts. The standard premium may be adjusted in accordance with the age, gender and/or lifestyle factors of the Insured Person. Based on the health conditions of the proposed Insured Person, Avo may impose premium loading and/or case-based exclusion(s) or declining an application. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall adjust the standard premium on a portfolio basis.
- The Policy Holder has the right of cancelling the VHIS policy with full refund of paid premium during the cooling-off period of 21 days.
- Taxpayer (as the Policy Holder) who pay qualifying premiums under a VHIS Certified Plan for himself/herself or any specified relatives can claim tax deductions. For more details, please refer to the Inland Revenue Ordinance or click here.
- The policy terms and benefits of VHIS Certified Plan to be revised from time to time published and subject to the regular review by the Government.
- Premium in Standard Premium Schedule does not include levy which is collected by the Insurance Authority.
- Total premium payable (include levy) quoted has included the Premium Levy as required by the Insurance Authority. For more details, click here.
- For details of coverage, terms and conditions, and exclusions, please refer to the Policy Wordings and Benefit Schedule.
- Q1. Why do I need the VHIS (Standard) Plan?keyboard_arrow_downVHIS (Standard) Plan provide you with an additional choice, you may choose high-quality healthcare services through the medical insurance, meanwhile, you can enjoy the tax deduction.
- Q2. Can anyone buy the VHIS (Standard) Plan?keyboard_arrow_downYou (the Policy Holder) must be aged 18 or above and hold a valid Hong Kong ID card. For insured person(s) aged below 18, the policy holder must be his/her parents, legal guardian or specified relatives, who must have an insurable interest in the insured person.
- Q3. Who is eligible for the VHIS (Standard) Plan?keyboard_arrow_downInsured person(s) must be a Hong Kong resident who aged between 15 days and 80 years for application, and guaranteed renewal up to the age of 100 years.
- Q4. Do I need to undergo a medical examination for purchasing a VHIS (Standard) Plan?keyboard_arrow_downNot necessary. Before purchasing, you simply need to answer some health-related questions. You will be notified immediately when your application is approved.
- Q5. Is there any waiting period for this insurance plan?keyboard_arrow_downNo, this insurance plan does not impose the waiting period, except the unknown pre-existing conditions. The protection will be effective from the policy effective date.
- Q6. Is there any cooling-off period for this insurance plan?keyboard_arrow_downYes. You have the right to cancel the policy and we will refund any premium and levy you have paid during the cooling-off period (i.e. within 21 days from the policy effective date) provided that no benefit payment has been made.
- Q7. Is the insurance plan renewal guaranteed?keyboard_arrow_downYes. Once the policy becomes effective, renewal will be guaranteed up to age 100 of insured person(s) for our standard plan with no lifetime benefit limit, regardless of any change in health condition.
- Q8. Will an additional premium loading be imposed at renewal if I get sick and made a claim under the VHIS (Standard) Plan?keyboard_arrow_downRenewal premium can be adjusted every year as per the age of insured person on a portfolio basis, but we will not impose any additional premium loading and/or case-based exclusions due to the changes in the insured person's health conditions or claims history. In addition, the original premium loading is set as a certain percentage of the standard premium (i.e. rate of premium loading), the amount will be automatically adjusted according to the change in standard premium.
You can refer to our Standard Premium Schedule, the clients of the same age and gender pay the equal amount of standard premium. We have the right to adjust the premium level annually based on the factors such as medical expense inflation and revised benefit levels on a portfolio basis. Any revised benefit levels are subject to re-certification from the Food and Health Bureau.
- Q9. What can I do if I want to budget the medical cost and wonder how much could I possibly claim for?keyboard_arrow_downPrior to the insured person is undergoing non-emergency surgical procedures, you can download and complete the "Claimable Amount Estimate Request Form", part 2 of the form shall be completed by the attending doctor with the estimated expenses for the necessary treatment, and please submit the form at least 5 working days before the treatment to [email protected] We shall reply you with an assessed amount in written within 3 working days, that is for reference only and does not constitute the Company liability for claim payment.
- Q10. Can I get a refund if I cancel my policy?keyboard_arrow_downProvided that no claim benefit payment has been made in that policy year, you can cancel your policy by giving written notice to us, you have the right to cancel the policy within the cooling-off period (21 days) and receive a full refund; or after the cooling-off period, you can cancel your policy in 30 days prior, we will arrange the premium refund and the related premium levy to you on a pro-rata basis.
- Q11. If I purchase the VHIS (Standard) Plan for my children, am I eligible to claim the tax deduction?keyboard_arrow_downYes. If you are the policy holder of the VHIS (Standard) plan of a relative specified in Inland Revenue Ordinance, Cap.112 of the Laws of Hong Kong and paid qualifying premium, you are eligible to claim the tax deduction. Specified relatives include your spouse, children, and your/your spouse’s parents, grandparents, and siblings. Please refer to the Inland Revenue Ordinance for the detailed conditions of specified relatives.
- Q12. How to change policy owner?keyboard_arrow_down
Policy holders may wish to change policy ownership to the following:
- Insured person who reaches 18 years old
- Parent or guardian of the insured person who is under 18 years old
- Familial relationship with the insured person
Please submit a set of change request form and relevant supporting documents in order to proceed the request. The change request is subject to Avo’s approval. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or (852) 35728222. Our Customer Service team will be happy to serve you.
- Q13. Where can I get more details on the VHIS plan?keyboard_arrow_downFor more details related to this Certified Plan, you may refer to the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Frequently Asked Questions webpage or contact the VHIS Office (Email: [email protected]). For questions about the tax deduction, please contact the Inland Revenue Department (Email: [email protected]).
- Q14. How can I lodge a complaint related to the VHIS plan?keyboard_arrow_downIf you have any enquiries or comments about our VHIS-related product or services, you may report to the related authorities or contact us. You may click here to find the contact information, we are pleased to serve you.